Thankful...

Thanksgiving was spent out at my grandparents' house. It felt pretty empty with only eighteen grand kids and only half of the aunts and uncles. Sr. Jordan Rose, Military man Dillon, and the rest of the cousins who couldn't come were missed. (Same with their parents.)

Biggest accomplishment of the day was finishing all of my food on my plate. Delicious!

My momma even made me a relish tray! I was so sad about missing it because of my aunt not being able to make it. (She always brings the veggie tray.) So we ran to the grocery store last night and got all my favorite veggies for snacking before eating the real meal. In words of Madison Marie, "Who eats veggies on Thanksgiving?" My response is, "I do." I love em'.

But Thanksgiving is more than just food. It's about stopping and thinking of and thanking God for all the blessings we take for granted on the other 364 days of the year.

Let me be the first to say I am guilty of forgetting to be thankful.

Thankful for waking up each morning to a roof over my head, food in the fridge, friends and family that love me, a faith worth practicing and the list goes on...

My whole life has been a gift to treasure and be thankful for.

I want to especially give thanks for the blessings twenty-fourteen has brought me. Such great joy through the two visits with Sr. Jordan Rose, a new job with Thirty-one, and the honor of being a god mother to now three god children.  

So  this Thanksgiving I want to be different. I want it to be a starting point of making an effort to stop and say 'thank you' for the big and the little things in my life.

Life is more than complaining about not eating stuffing because your gluten free. It's more than the fuss and stress that works its way into holiday celebrations. Life is about being grateful for what we have. For who we have and Who we've been given.

Let us all give thanks and praise to Jesus Christ, whom we can never repay for the ultimate sacrifice He did for you and for me. My heart is full of gratitude today, but I will not let that gratitude slip away into tomorrow without being expressed.

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and may your coming year be full of many blessings to be thankful for.  






Comments