Gross and Grosser


Last night my cousins and I went to the Blue Fox theater. A theater that consists of one room, for one showing only.

We went to see Part I of The Mocking Jay.

We arrived super early which helped us to get a seat. However the same five commercials for business around town on the Microsoft slideshow with "Hot Blooded" as a back ground song got a little old. Fast. Like an hour and fifteen minutes of that.

When it was eight o'clock, still no movie. I guess they were trying to fill every seat and I think they about did. (Even opening up the balcony.) They finally played the movie quarter after the "promised" showing time.

But wait! Now we had to watch movie trailers!

Where am I going with this? Certainly not to talk about the movie, but to make people think about what they're laughing at.

Here is why.

A trailer came on for Dumb and Dumber "To".

Instantly from scene one of the preview I was grossed out. The grossness continued, and increased by a lot. A lot. A lot.

I was frustrated and appalled in my seat by such a moving being made. Not only that but everyone around me laughing their heads off.

Call me a fun sucker, a sheltered something-another...I don't care.

What was played on that screen turned my heart green.

To worsen it, there were kids in the theater. (Which heaven knows why they were at The Mocking Jay anyway...) It was inappropriate for their eyes, their ears, and my eyes and my ears.

If you see this preview or trailer stop and think about what you're laughing at.

Are you really laughing at how "dumb" they are or how "ill-humored" they are and want you to be?

Somethings are always bad and should be avoided, but I can't just give you a list of things to get rid of, because most of the time it's not the things we do and have that are necessarily bad; it's just our dependency on these things to make us happy. -Ordinary Lives Extraordinary Mission 

I can't tell you not to watch this movie. I can't tell you not to laugh at this. But I can tell you this is not funny and it is offensive.

This is where I stand.

I am really disappointed in the actors and director.

Clean humor isn't just knock-knock jokes. There are things that aren't disgusting that are actually funny. Way funnier than the repulsive junk that the rest of the world wants one to think is funny.

Think before you laugh, laugh because you're bursting with joy. Don't laugh because you're will is weak.


Comments

  1. Wow Gabbie, I totally understand what you are saying! So true- I know from personal experience with you that there are a TON of hilarious things out there that are side-splitting and totally clean. I love the saying "Vulgarity is not a substitute for wit." Thanks for the reminder to laugh at only the things that are truly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan. I knew you'd understand. There are far more funny things out there...like cottonballs. LOL and small man beards. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA!!! Now THAT is something to laugh about :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the like button??? Oh I am glad you laughed at that. Could not help myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment