Flight home

Road trip home was easy breezy lemon squeezy. I really dislike that saying.

Anyway, security was easier than normal, (that sounds slightly suspicious) and boarding was low key.

Of course I had to do my grandpa Nuxoll proud by hamming it up with the ticket checker. He asked how old each of us kids were and I was too tired to put up with crap about not looking 19 so I told him I was five. He gave me a blank look. Success. I then told him my real age and peaced out.

Dead tired we plant ourselves on the plane. We are seated three by three. Should've been two by two but who's getting biblical here...

Mom, Mad in the middle and I sat in our row. The other three in front of us. Behind us were the funniest guys I think I have ever laughed at.

Everything from hysterical voices, describing each other as Spongebob characters, to imitating the flight captain was priceless and had us three rolling and snorting in our seats.

"If I were on Spongebob, I'd be Squidward. No Sandy Cheeks." Other guy, "I'd be Pearl, cus' I get stuck in doors."

Another conversation went something like this:

Captain of the plane, "Hello ladies and gentlemen, we are experiencing some difficult winds, when we arrive in Salt Lake it will be a temperature of 30 or however many degrees."

Boys behind us mimicking, "Good evening, and welcome to Salt Lake City. We have 80 mph winds and it is negative four degrees outside. The rest of the week is going to be nice. Enjoy your stay."

Maybe you had to be there... I don't know, these guys were a knee slapper bunch. I think it's mainly because their humor was done so sarcastically that I just couldn't help myself.

Other flight home tid bits, The seat belt sign is on. You know the one that tells you to stay in your seats. Maddie and I both really had to pee. Like really bad. Dumb complimentary drinks. We saw two people get out of their seats while the light was on. My face got all pinched looking, I whispered to Maddie, "Get back in your seats!" Maddie's response, "Tie em' up!" That didn't help the bladder situation... We both couldn't take it anymore, we unbuckled those loosy goosy seat belts and waddled out of our seats and down the aisle, just as the stewardess got on her mega phone and said, "While the seat belt light is on, please remain in your seats." It was quite an awkward moment. A. She was two feet away from me, and B. I couldn't get the complicated water closet door to open. Plus the plane was up against some nasty "80 mph" winds, (hence the seat belt sign) but I just told her I was going to have an accident if she didn't let me pee. No eye contact.

Free at last I went back to my seat. Read chapter after chapter after chapter after chapter of Gone with the Wind and then we arrived in SLC. Sadly the weather forecast from the comical weather men behind us was a little off.

Best flight ever.

Stay tuned while I jog my memory of what else happened on our trip to the "big city".


Comments