Sweet Aunt Anna

My friend Elizabeth asked me to write a blog on the mass readings for November 23rd.
My post will then be published on Blog.renovatethebody.org. (as well as Get Gabbie)

I wrote about what spoke to my heart from the mass readings.

I am in love with Psalm 23. The Lord is my Shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. 

Well on November 9th my great, great aunt Anna who was one month and ten days away from her 109th birthday went to be with Jesus in heaven.

Today, November 15th, was her funeral. The response that was sung was Psalm 23.

Shared with us at mass today was that when aunt Anna was dying my Grandma told her as aunt Anna was falling asleep that Jesus would be coming to get her soon. Her response to my Grandma was, "Wake me when He gets here." So precious.

She had been waiting for this moment for a very long time. Her death, though all deaths are sad, we were all rejoicing with her. She finally got what her heart longed for.

Psalm 23 is perfect because aunt Anna lived life exactly like that. To want nothing, and to only be led by her Shepherd.

Aunt Anna you will be greatly missed. Everything from your giggle, your stories, to you faithfully watching EWTN all day long.

You are simply precious!

Today at the funeral we all placed intentions in the coffin with her.

If anyone can get the job done, the prayers answered by our Lord, it's you, sweet lady!

St. Francesca Anna, hear my family's and my own prayers and bring them to Jesus.
  
With a faithful heart,
Your great, great niece Gabbie 



Anna Francisca Kolbeck, 108




http://lmtribune.com/obituaries/article_352aeea4-de3d-5129-9bbd-37c2b501ffd9.html#.VGSvcmdRws8.facebook

Comments