Dear One ~

I was inspired at the Steubenville conference two or three years ago to write "love" notes to my future husband. The gal speaking to us ladies shared with us that if one who struggles with staying pure it helps to keep a journal and write to your future husband about the temptation you are fighting.

I haven't been in a situation such as one she was talking about however decided I could still keep a diary for me to someday give to my husband on our wedding day. A diary like I said full of "love" notes. Or prayers you say for your future spouse.

Maybe this sounds super corny and I am risking humiliation by blogging about such things...

However I think it is beautiful. It's a piece of my heart I will get to give to my husband on paper.

My parents after praying the rosary as a family always pray for us kids' future spouses. They've done this for as long as I can remember. Mr. Right has had a lot of prayers his way from the "in-laws." :) There is a reason we have prayer, and I am going to continue joining my parents in praying for the one who holds the other half of my heart.

Dear One,

I am choosing to write to you for the whole world to see because maybe you'll see this and know my heart's intention. Not only that but maybe my note to you will inspire others to do the same for their loved ones they haven't met yet.

Not a day goes by where I don't pray for you. I pray for your safety. I pray for your health. I pray you have found faith in Jesus Christ and have chosen to grow in that faith. I pray to St. Augustine for your purity. I pray for you to be happy. 

May our blessed Mother wrap you in her gentle arms and keep you close to her heart as well as her Son's. 

I am waiting for you... Praying for you. 

Your future wife 

  Favorite Bible Verse





Comments