November 1st

Oh boy. Halloween.

Last year I blogged about how depressed I was because I wasn't "allowed" to go trick or treating. Well this year a new "rule" from the "code of the add-ults" was made. Trick or treating for big kids (or small adults like me) is okay. In fact it's encouraged. Am I missing something here?

Anyway...I was deeply considering the trick or treating hassle of getting in and out of the car, up and down the roads, in the biting cold, all for some candy.


 

Shortly after I had made my decision of using my height as an advantage to trick or treat something else came up. Reread that sentence in case you didn't get the genius humor there.

My friends had planned a Halloween party, and I simply could not say 'no' to that.

Max was giving me crap about not trick or treating. He told me there would not be nearly as much candy at a party as there would be going from house to house. I think we're going to have to get the kid a shrink (ha more height jokes) cus' I believe it really bothered him that I passed it up.

Well miss Gabbie dressed up as Dorothy again this year. And miss Gabbie, I mean Dorothy, made sure to get a picture with her favorite Dorothy. The one and only! ...Well in my book. :)



On the way to the party we had to make a stop at the hospital to see nurse Lynn. We as in Brooke and Michael the vampires and I. Me being the victim in the backseat. I think we startled the staff. We as in the vamps. Not Dorothy of course. ;) Ha!

After that little charade we found ourselves at the home of Mary Poppin's and waited for all guests to arrive. Then we'd all pile in the Taho to go to the haunted house. Which three of the six of us did not want to go to because we'll we're scardy cats.

We arrive at the haunted house and no one is there. I was pretty sure this was planned and we were all going to die.

We get out of the car and see that the haunted house was the night before. Oh shucks. Like Mom said, God was looking out for me! ;) Stupid haunted houses.

On the way home we decided we would fluff up the story just a little to tell to M.P's parents. The story  went a little something like this...

There was no haunted house. But an ambulance was there, as well as a crazy old lady screaming at everyone. People were running away. We were told to leave. Gabbs is out in the car traumatized being consoled by  Miss Scarlet.

The whole thing was perfect. And we kept it going for a long time. Gosh, I feel guilty. I think we should all go into acting.

The rest of the night  was filled with delicious food (and candy) laughs, games and more laughs. Awesome friends = awesome times.











Wishing each of you a very happy All Saints' Day! May each of us strive for greatness to become saints by doing the will of Our Father.

Asking for the help of my patron saints: St. arc angel Gabriel, St. Ann, and St. Bernadette to pray for me. I also ask for St. Anthony to join in, because he is one of my top favorites too. May I grow in humility and gentleness as well as pure love.

 I like this a lot, for when you are feeling too defined by your successes or lack thereof. Catholicism




   

Comments