Cram in some'more

Welp, yesterday's post was a bit deep as my dad would put it.

I thought I'd lighten things up...

So here is another visual from our trip to the east coast.

We stayed in Jersey right by the airport. Across the road was an outlet mall. Now, I don't know about y'all but when I hear outlet mall I get excited but I was thinking to myself, "self, this is prolly jus' gonna be like the Boise outlet mall." (Not great.)

Holy shnikees! Wrong-o. This place had a lot of big brand named stores. It was almost over whelming. And quite sadly I didn't buy as much as I thought I would. One head band and that was all. (not counting the legit, awesome scarf I got in the city.)

While at the mall Max really wanted to get a picture in a photo booth.

I was wearing no makeup, little sweaty from the humidity, bone tired from walking all over the place and little bro wanted to take a photo. Something that will be plastered on our fridge, and most likely to go on facebook...You get the picture. (Ha, pun.)

Now, y'all know how little them photo booths are. And y'all know how not so little our family of six is. I was trying to manipulate the system so we didn't all have to smash in there, however that plan crashed and burned. We inserted the five dollar bill, and like a school of fish swam through the curtain door at one time.

Like it is quoted on the movie Elf, "I am sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies in the VCR." It was exactly like cramming cookies in the VCR. We simply did not fit, and the pictures did not turn out.

Merry Christmas everyone, here is our Christmas photo this year! We all look miserable and you only get pieces of each of us, Specifically an eye, part of a scowl or something way too up close and personal.  But here ya go!

So eleven cookies minus five, equals six, (I think) and that quote captures this event perfectly.

Want to laugh even harder?

When it was time to get out of the photo booth, THAT was the hardest part.

A. I was stuffed almost touching the unsanitary floor, in a position where I think my knees got locked. Can that happen at 19 years old? Guess so. So between laughing and frustration, pretty sure my dad gave me a little shove to help me get out faster. I was kind of in the locked position right above his feet. My whole body is super soar right now reliving this.

We all finally made it out, and those around us in the mall probably thought we were a bunch of idiots, and wondering how the heck we all fit in that booth.

Oh the things we do for love. Or a five dollar picture to keep the prince happy. :)




Comments

  1. Makes me think of some of our family outings. We refer to them as "nerd family outings" when odd things or funny things always happen! I bet the memory of the day, or photos of your family will be one that will always come to mind over one where you would take a photo and everyone is in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree one hundred percent Connie! Though our "nerd outing" was something else I wouldn't trade it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment