"Death with Dignity"

Last night I read tragic news on facebook that Brittany Maynard went through with ending her life.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/video/brittany-maynard-death-with-dignity-advocate-ends-life-26649454?tab=9482931&section=4765066

For those of you who have not read or heard about Brittany, this was her video she published explaining her reasons for assistant suicide.

http://youtu.be/yPfe3rCcUeQ

I do not want to list reasons why "her choice" was wrong. Having the media involved I am sure the family is getting all sorts of comments from both views on Brittany's choice. Neither side taking away the pain of losing a loved one.

I simply want to just ask for your prayers for Brittany's soul as well as for those of her family and her supporters.

I am sad. I am sad about Brittany's choice. I am sad that so many people approved and supported her.

I understand that her cancer was serious and going to be very painful. It would eventually end in death.

Now to be frank, and I say this with all seriousness, we're all going to die. It's part of the circle of life. But we're not to choose when our deaths will be. That is for God to know.

Is it fair the crosses some of us are given? No, it's not. But life is not fair.

All my readers should know by now that I have a mitochondria disease. Incurable.
My vision sucks, my body is weak, my energy level is pathetic, I don't know if I will get to have kids, I'm short, I'm taking butt loads of medication, I have a pace maker, was near death before that and the list goes on...

I hate it.

So what if I am to tell you all right now that I am to take my life tomorrow with a doctor's permission and subscribed prescription to commit suicide.

Think about it.

Comment your opinion.

Would you support "my choice" in throwing my life away?

People, we live in a world, a COUNTRY where this is okay. It's not okay if it's a gun or rope, but when it comes to medication and serious illnesses the world "okays" assisted suicide. I guess you could call it the "safe way out." There is no such thing.

So maybe I don't have brain cancer, but in a way I am in the same boat, up a creek, without a paddle.

It's my choice.

As of tomorrow there would be no more blog posts. No more facebook comments. No more anything.

If I have been a light in your life, tomorrow it'd all be over. I would no longer get to share my faith through my "suffering" or my trust through my "imperfections."

Jesus could have said "peace out" and jumped off the cross. But He didn't.

"Harshly dealt with, He bore it humbly, / like a lamb that is led to the slaughter house." (Isaiah 53:7) 


              But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
            He was crushed for our iniquities;
            The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
            And by His scourging we are healed. 
Isaiah 53:5

I read an article this week that I have posted on facebook about man and woman vowing to each other to be true to one another through "sickness and in health." 


This just goes to prove that when the going gets tough and in Brittany's case, no doubt it was tough, you fight the good fight. The good fight. 

Let us all bow our heads in prayer for Brittany's soul. For her to find peace in the Lord's everlasting arms of love. Prayers of healing for her husband, her mom, and all who have come to love Brittany. Whether it be loving her by supporting her decision or loving her by praying for her soul's healing. 

I also ask that we pray for our country. For our leaders and those who agree to making these laws "lawful". May we find healing in our own lives and become a united states under God once again by choosing life no matter how young or old, sick or healthy. 

Amen. 

Rest in peace Brittany. My heart is poured out for yours and your loved ones.    






 


Comments

  1. Wise beyond your years, and your beauty is as deep as our Lord's wounds. He finds favor in you, Gabby and your yes to His plan. Continued prayers,. And above all... Thank you, for this insightful blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Danielle. Thank you for affirming me and encouraging me. How I wish we could see more of each other.. You are such a dear friend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest niece, Gabbie, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, your heart, and your soul with us. Your reflections, your wisdom, your love brought tears to my eyes. You are beautiful!!! Thank your for sharing your beauty with all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Wendy, you are so sweet and good to me. Thank you for your comment and words of love. Big hugs to you! Love from Idaho!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment