We Must Always Remember

This morning I hit snooze on my alarm clock but found myself awake eleven minutes later, at exactly 9:11 am.

Coincidence? I think not.

Today we remember everything and everyone on that September 11th, 2001.

Nineteen years later, we still feel our country's pain.

As a first grader, I may not have been able to process what happened on 9/11.

However, I knew in my heart that our country was sad.

None of us understand why this happened. We continue to hurt and feel sorrowful.

Dear students of today, who were not yet born when this happened, I pray you acknowledge those who lost their lives on 9/11.

So many people today, are trying to erase History.

That has to stope.

9/11/01 cannot be erased.

"If we do not understand history we are doomed to repeat its mistakes." George Santayana

We all wish it never happened but it did happen, and we must acknowledge that people were killed.

We remember those who still suffer today from losing someone many years ago.

How could anyone ever erase a death?

2,996 lives must be remembered.

We must always remember.  








Comments