Prayer and Fasting

I don't normally read the paper but I did today. 

The article that caught my attention was titled, "Prayer and Fasting to End Abortion" by Daniel Zint. 

"It's indisputable that the pre-born child is a human being and that's it wrong to kill a baby, but people don't seem to be affected by that." 

Daniel Zint goes on to say, 

"I really think it's time to treat this as a spiritual war. We have to fight this with prayer and fasting."  

I could not agree more! 

We are indeed at war with the evil one.  

Everyone who claims they're pro-life, including myself, needs to start doing their part. 

Not only do we need to speak up in defense for the unborn, we must pray and fast for them to live.

In one of Matthew Kelly's books, he suggests as a sacrifice to not add additional salt to food. 

This is a simple reminder to go without. 

Though, we can go without a lot of things, it's the things we cannot go without that make a sacrifice into a beautiful prayer. 

Each prayer and offering can be for the protection of the unborn and for the upcoming election. 

As I grow older, my heart feels heavier and heavier for these unwanted babies and their parents. 

It is very much on my heart to do what I can for their lives. 

Be a voice for the voiceless. 

Let's pray and fast together. 

"But I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child - a direct killing of the innocent child - murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? "
Mother Teresa, pray for us. 






Comments