Our Lady of Sorrows

Mary, my Mother, I give myself totally to you as your possession and property. Please make of me, of all that I am and have, whatever most pleases you. Let me be a fit instrument in your immaculate and merciful hands for bringing the greatest possible glory to God. Amen.

I pray this prayer every morning as an offering to our Mother Mary. 

This past Tuesday, was the feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows. I chose this day as my Consecration day.

“Marian consecration basically means giving Mary permission to complete her motherly task in us, which is to form us into other Christs. Thus, by consecrating ourselves to Mary, each of us is saying to her, 

Mary, I want to be a saint. I know that you also want me to be a saint and that it’s your God-given mission to form me into one. So, Mary, at this moment, on this day, I freely choose to give you my full permission to do your work in me, with your Spouse, the Holy Spirit.“ 

33 Days to Morning Glory - Fr. Michael E. Gaitley

We are called to be saints. Mary wants to help us. 

The prayer up above not only reminds me of my promise but reminds me that we are called to sainthood. 

I love beginning my day with Mama Mary.

I invite you to pray the prayer above.

If you’re looking for a do it yourself retreat book to read, I highly recommend 33 Days to Morning Glory. 

Comments