W + w = S

"W + w = S" (God's Will + our will = Sanctity) When the two wills are united, they equal Sanctity.  

This is St. Maximilian Kolbe's method of how to become a saint.

And we're all called to become saints, right?

So I'm going to take this equation and begin digging deeper to find my answer. My answer of little ways to strive for holiness. It'll be hard work that's for sure but the sum is worth working toward.

I began reading/studying a book titled, 33 Days to Morning Glory - Preparation for Marian Consecration. "The act of consecrating oneself to Jesus through Mary." It's thirty-three days of daily reflections and growing deeper in love with the Immaculate Mary herself.

St. Maximilian is one of three specific Marian saints (St. Max, Blessed Mother Teresa & St. Pope John Paul II) that lived lives dedicated to Marian Consecration.

St. Louis Marie de Montfort makes four "Marian giants" who are there to help and guide us to grow in this love for Mary, our Mother.

"We never give more honor to Jesus than when we honor his Mother, and we honor her simply and solely to honor him all the more perfectly. We go to her only as a way leading to the goal we seek - Jesus, her Son." -St. Louis Marie de Montfort

Some may argue this but when one looks at it from the eyes of these great saints there is no argument about it.

St. Maximilian Kolbe is quoted saying, "Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did."   

To be a saint we must love Mary as Jesus loves her. We must place our trust in the Lord through the Immaculata. After all she is the spouse of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus, I place all my trust in you. Jesus, I place all my trust in you through your beautiful Mother.

Help me to become like these great saints! Help me to love your Mother as they love her and as you love her. Help me to remember "W + w = S" !

Come Holy Spirit, living in Mary,
Unite my will to the will of the Immaculata, 
which is one with your will.    











 

Comments