It is well


This weekend I would have attended my fourth Steubenville Northwest Conference in Spokane. My mom, Maddie and Nicole are attending. It's Dad, Max and I at home. That's another blog for another day. 
This year I chose to stay home due to the heat and wanting to take it easy after the Spring I had health wise.

I had no idea it was going to be so hard to let go. To accept not being physically present in the middle of a sea of people there for Jesus. 

What makes it so great? Why is it this specific conference that has thousands of young people on fire for Jesus? I don't know... What I do know though is God is using this conference to change lives.

One of my top two favorite things about the conference is witnessing lives transforming left and right! People you wouldn't expect to be moved are moved! The Holy Spirit is very much alive and working within each and every person who attends. It's overwhelming and beautiful and one of the most amazing things to witness.     

Last year I posted a blog titled "I fell in love". That I did. But as some of you probably remember it wasn't what you thought. A picture with my really good friend who is now a seminarian (going to be tat the time) was posted with that title. Not my doing by the way but that was pretty funny not going to lie! :P  

My point though is that at this conference one can't help but fall in love. Fall into a deep, rich, beautiful relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ. You can't fight his love. You can't. 


It's funny rereading that blog from a year ago and realizing that there too I still needed to "let go". 

It all comes down to God is in control. 

Yes, I've had my ups and downs of emotions. Including regrets. Yet I found peace. 

I found peace in words of wisdom. 

"Three years! What a blessing! Father, Son and Holy Spirit." A beautiful thought from a genuine and beautiful friend of mine, Cindy Wilson. 

Then you have my home boy seminarian who is NOT my boy friend hence the seminarian part. He is in Mexico but the past three years we've always been there together. Even last year though in separate groups. I was starting to feel a little better about not being there together. Does that make sense? Anyway I told Michael this and he said, "We are being carried there by our friends." Future priest of America, ladies and gents! And this again gave me even greater peace. 

Not to mention confiding my sadness with my mom. Moms always win.

No longer am I sad. Rather joy filled! At this very moment over a thousand Catholics are joined together to grow in love with their faith! Alleluia! My heart could cry tears of joy! There is such hope! To be completely and utterly one hundred percent in love with the Lord!  

Please join me in praying for all who are attending SNW. For our future Catholics of America. This evening they will have Adoration which I have mentioned before where the monstrance, Christ Jesus, is brought before every single person. I ask that you pray for each person's heart to be open to God's infinite grace.  

And having this all said I rejoice singing...

It Is Well With My Soul Free Printable | On Sutton Place




https://youtu.be/j4taAN4QtbI


Comments