In the eyes of...

Let's see how I can make this post light and funny...

Earlier this week I was called fat. 

I was also told my eyes look funny/weird. 

The fat joke I kind of do have to chuckle at... I guess the GWC (gain weight challenge) is working... Almost a whopping 90 lbs of pure muscle! Okay...lunchables.... 

The eye comment however I can't seem to laugh at that. Partially because I already have a hard enough time looking at myself in the mirror. No, I cannot laugh at that remark. I can only seem to cry uncontrollably. My stomach tightens as I try holding back, but the tears seem to flow. 

I can't help but think of the saying, don't judge a book by it's cover... This is true with people too. 

People are people. They have feelings. They have hearts. 

Don't go judging, verbally to their face or behind their back. 

I will not shame who wounded me by saying names or pointing fingers. 

This has happened before and will continue to happen. 

One would think I could get a grip and hold of my tears. 

But I can't. I tell myself I can, but that's when I lose my self esteem. I forget about what matters and think only of my many imperfections. (Though we're not all perfect anyway.) 

  20“Truly, truly, I say to you, that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will grieve, but your grief will be turned into joy.

 22“Therefore you too have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you.


~ John 16 verses 20 and 22 ~ 

Lord mend my heart and heal my brokenness. Build my confidence and be my safeguard. 

My eyes are not perfect but they are to You. Let me see what You see Lord. Give me hope. 

Comments

Post a Comment