Rest in Peace

What a beautiful funeral service it was for Mr. Adams.

I had the honor and the privilege of reading the second reading at mass this morning for Greg's service.

Romans 8:31-39


What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Just as it is written,
For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I almost held it together the whole time... 

When I was asked to read I wondered what the reading might be... 

The day Mrs. Adams emailed the scripture to me Mom pointed out that the reading before mine mentioned the "veil." You see I had just that day published a blog on "Lifting the Veil." No doubt, Mr. Adams along with the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear for it to be posted. 

Another thing I realized today was that the outfit I wore was the same dress I wore the last time I saw Mr. Adams. This being unintentional. 

At the rosary on Wednesday night, we prayed the Glorious mysteries. Yesterday when I asked all to join me in praying the 4th Glorious mystery, The Assumption into Heaven, I didn't even think of it being Wednesday and that I would be praying the Glorious mysteries later that evening. Again "someone" was in that. 

 But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of his amazing grace
Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
Hallelujah
I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going
Yeah when I get where I'm going

Mr. Adams, I'll leave my heart wide open...I will love and have no fear. I know you got where you were going. Yet I may still cry down here. But they will be happy tears. 

All my love to you up in heaven and all my love to my dear, Cathy Adams. 

Prayers and Love always 


Comments

  1. Dear Gabbie: Greg was my big brother. I was there for all the services but did not meet you. You did wonderfully with your reading. I'm so happy you loved him; I know he loved you. My heart is broken; we were very close. But I just read through your blog and came across this song by Brad Paisley. Had never heard it before. It was beautiful. I'm hoping Greg had heard it. I wanted to say thank you. Never change sweet girl; grow, but never change the basic you. Thank you again. Vivian Adams Dennison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vivian, How blessed Greg was to have you for a sister. I wish I had met you at the services. Thank you for your kind words. I will be thinking of you and certainly praying for you. Holding you and dear Greg in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment