Military Man

Today was my cousin Dillon's graduation.

I think it is safe to say it was a hard yet beautiful day.

Graduation is the end of one chapter and a beginning of a new.

Dillon is joining the army and I couldn't be prouder.

Doesn't mean my heart strings aren't being pulled.

This path you've chosen, Dillon, is very heroic. Though you did not choose it for the praise, you chose it because it is your calling. And God has certainly called you to greatness.

I know it's not an easy choice, but it is the right choice. And that's what amazes me as well as inspires me.

Your parents, siblings, (Amanda included) , grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends couldn't be happier for you.

Though we may show our joy through tears we salute you and your willingness to serve our country.

Seeing your face today, I know you are happy. I know this is where your heart is. 

I think that is what makes me feel okay about your decision. (As if I have a say...;) 

I want you to know how much I love you. How much you mean to me. I truly do think of you as my brother, and I always will. You have a very special place in my heart, Dillon Michael. 

Asking St. Michael, and St. Peter to protect you and guide you. 

Come back safe. That's an order :)  


Army wife. Army life.

Comments