Good bye dear one

My heart couldn't be more broken. Last night I received word that my dearest friend, Greg Adams left this world to be with Jesus in heaven. I have never felt more love from someone (besides my parents) in this world. He showed me his love by praying the rosary for my healing every day, sometimes two to three times. This man was not only my hero as I have blogged before but one of my best friends.

Last night after I heard  the news I decided to journal my heart on paper. Without even noticing it, I looked at my pen through tear soaked eyes and realized it was a Lambweston pen. Not just any Lambweston pen though. One covered in McDonald french fries.
My dear Greg, owned several McDonald restaurants and loved my love for french fries.
I had the biggest grin on my face because I knew that he was present with me and had planted that pen in my hand as a sign that he was there.

I have lost loved ones before, and grieved them deeply. Yet, I can't begin to compare this feeling.

I'd say Mr. Adams was like a grandpa to me, but not quite. He was differnt from a grandpa but certainly equaled the same.

My heart cries as I think how much I am going to miss him.

Mr. Adams was the reason I blogged every day. He told me when he first started reading my blogs that he checked his computer every day for my posts. I have been faithful and committed as I write, thinking of my friend at his computer screen reading my pointless and ridiculous writings. He loved them and that made me happy.

Mr. Adams, I know you're up there watching me, reading over my shoulder... I want you to know, I am determined to keep writing everyday. In your honor. I will be faithful. I shall never forget you, nor how loved you make me feel. I will ramble and ramble until I can ramble no more.

Yesterday I was thinking of you and Mrs. Adams all day. My guardian angel must have tapped me on the shoulder. Or maybe it was you...

I know you have even more pull with the big Guy than you did here on earth and so I ask you to please intercede for me. Please storm heaven with your devotion to Mary and the rosary.

Oh, Mr. Adams, I wish I could have one more hug. I wish I could tell you I love you one last time.

You mean everything to me.

I am happy for you though. May you enjoy everlasting life with the Father. Until we meet again.

You'd always pray your rosaries for me, well last night I had the privilege of praying mine for you.

Thank you for everything you did for me, everything you are. A hero, an intercessor and beautiful friend.

All my love to you...and your dear wife Cathy.




"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." 
Romans 8:28 



Comments