Time that is Given

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." 
J.R.R. Tolkien  

"I wish it need not have happened." 

A thought from all of us "who live to see such times."

A time of disfunction, hate, anger and confusion. 

We wish to see better times, yet, here we are with a decision to be made. 

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." 

“Courage is found in unlikely places.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Our decision isn't about how to escape such times but how to face them. 

The time is here and now. 

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

That person is you and me. 

Comments