Come Holy Spirit

"Prayer is a gift of the Holy Spirit, that makes us into the men and women of hope, and prayer enables us to keep the world open for God." Pope Benedict XVI

"Men and Women of hope." 

Hope begins with a simple prayer.

"Come, Holy Spirit." 

A prayer I learned at a conference a couple years ago.

I pray those three words ten times throughout my day.

This prayer is an invitation to the Holy Spirit when feeling hopeless, anxious or just because.  

"Come, Holy Spirit."  

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit,
that my thoughts may all be holy.

Act in me, O Holy Spirit,
that my work, too, may be holy.

Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit,
that I may love but what is holy. 

Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, 
to defend all that is holy. 

Guard me, then, O Holy Spirt, 
that I may always be holy.

Amen. 

St. Augustine of Hippo 

"Stretch every fiber of my being, dear Lord, that I may more easily fly towards you. May your Spirit, which once breathed over the chaos of the earth, give life to all the powers of my soul."
 St. Frances Xavier Cabrini 

  

Comments