Good Good Father

This is my beautiful friend and pen pal, Sr. Maria Kateri. 

Seeing her and listening to her speak gave me joy.  


"We have an amazing Father!"

God the Father. 

A good, good Father. 

But during difficulty and trials, like COVID and riots, we question the goodness. 

"We cannot see him but He can see us." 

"He wants to heal you and draw you close to his heart. Let him love you." 

"You are worthy of the Father's love." 

The stories shared in this video are beautiful reminders of the Father's love. 

The young father who knew his joined at heart baby twin girls by name. 

The dad who searched to find his son after an earthquake. 

The dad who told his daughter to jump from the burning building into his out stretched arms.  

So is the Father's love for us. 
He knows us by name, he searches for us and waits with open arms. 


Father, 

I abandon myself into your hands; 
do with me what you will. 
Whatever you may do, I thank you: 
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, 
and in all your creatures -
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul: 
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, 
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself, 
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve, 
and with boundless confidence, 
for you are my Father.
Blessed Charles de Foucauld

Comments