Courage Today

Tomorrow I am having another ingrown toenail removed. This will be my fourth removal on the same toe. I am not looking forward to the ingrown removal part. I am trying to not think about it because I am easily overwhelmed. It will be wonderful once it is done but the time before the procedure and the removal itself makes me anxious. 

Though, this is a pretty small worry compared to some people, I keep thinking of this quote:

"Courage doesn't mean you don't get scared. Courage means you don't let the fear stop you."
Bethany Hamilton

This is an opportunity to pray for those who experience fear on a daily basis. 

Sr. Jordan Rose recently reminded me that Jesus isn't in the future. He is present with me now. 

I just have today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. 

Jesus will give me the courage I need. 

My past, O Lord, to your mercy;
My present, to your love;
My future to your providence.
St. Padre Pio 

Comments