What are you Christmas?

Yesterday I couldn't help but keep complaining about how soar I was. Especially in da rear/hip part of my body. Could not figure it out. Then Mom pointed out that I was probably hurting from my fall. Oh yeah... Never going to get rid of that memory... Guess I'll just add it to the list of embarrassing falls. Dani's sweet sixteenth birthday party, day after Carrie Underwood concert, and now this. Thumbs up.

Any way that wasn't really where I was hoping to go with this blog.

A couple days ago I blogged about being so happy to finally be on break. I listed things I have done so far with my time but want to explain further my reason of loving being so care free.

I feel like I am speaking for everyone when I say Christmas has come so quickly this year. I feel like both Advent and Christmas which are two very different things, were warped together. Why do I feel this way? Why do I feel like though this Advent has been good, it wasn't fabulous? Can't even explain myself with this feeling.

I can't help but remember how longgggg Advent seemed as a kid. Now it goes by in a blink of an eye. Not really happy about that. What to do though?...

My reason of loving being so care free this "break" is because I have really missed just being a kid. Not even talking about the presents side of things but just how simple life is when one is a child. Not over thinking things. I really miss that.

Today the thought came to me about how nice it would be if Christ's birth and the presents side of things were two separate holidays. It's hard focusing on the leading up to Jesus being born and also trying to get everything else done as far as the "fluff."

I don't know that was just my thought but clearly just a thought.

To paraphrase Cindy Lou Who, "What are you Christmas?"

Something all of us need to ask ourselves, myself especially.  

Are you only about the things one gets from this holiday? Humbug!

Or are you the day we welcome baby Jesus not only into the world but our hearts?

Baby Jesus, I have been waiting and stirring this Advent season as time has past me by. Waiting for your birth. Now you draw closer and I ask for peace in my heart. The heart of a child. Who only longs for the gift of you. The real reason for the season. Amen.




Comments


  1. I got the first paragraph in and I had to comment :) Remember those boots you wore to my birthday, the same pair I have? Well, this weekend while I was in Lynden, wearing those boots, I almost tripped myself down the cement stairs because the cumbersome pointy toe caught on the back of my leg. I totally thought of you and decided those boots are officially unsafe :) You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dan, not cement steps! Those boots are officially unsafe! Glad you didn't face plant like I did. Bahahaha Awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment