PONY

Last Friday was something else.

Let's just say I want a pony.

Why?

Because not being able to drive really stinks.

I had made plans to be somewhere at three o'clock. I realized though that I would not have a ride to get there. Both parentals being out and about and knowing nothing of my hidden agenda. I was going to ask my friend to come grab me.

I texted, texted, called, called my friend and no answer. I finally called his house and his sister said his phone died.

It was past three now. Crap.

I am sweating hard at this point. Calling just about everyone to see if they'd save my bacon.

Maddie had the bright idea that she and I could walk to town.

Shot that one down.

By the grace of God my aunt Lisa came through for me and Mads. Though she was leaving to go to Lewiston shortly, she still saved the day. Four kids and all.

Twenty-five minutes late, I could barely explain anything.

It was sure something else. Definitely a lesson to learn from.

Buy a horse.

Yup, I want a pony. Even if it means picking up poop. She'd be the best pony in all of Walnut grove. Uhh...

Dad tried pointing out to me that a horse is not easy to take care of. I'd have to saddle it,,, That's when I pointed out that I would ride bare back. He said what about the rainy days? I replied with only riding in the summery ones. (Don't know how that helps me the rest of the three seasons but...)

Then I decided it would be a miniature pony.

Ladies and gents this is no tease. This is serious.

In search of pony.  (ISOP)

And now for a tribute to Maddie as a young un...

http://youtu.be/8xVi-Wj2ghU

Remember this beaut?



 

Comments