Baby Jesus and His Family


Does your heart not melt when looking at this picture of the holy family? 

I love how St. Joseph is the protector. This image does a great job of showing that. St. Joseph would lay down his life for his family to keep them safe. He intercedes in heaven for our protection because we are his family too.  

Mary is the loving mother. Cuddling baby Jesus in her arms. She uses her motherly arms to cradle us as well when we're lost. (Which is quite often.) The same arms that held our Savior after birth, and when they took Him off the cross. Hold dear her motherly embrace.

Baby Jesus in this photo makes me want to just snuggle with him. I don't know about you but I turn to mush when I see a baby and start talking funny and start flapping my arms like a broken bird. I become vulnerable. 

Maybe that is why Jesus came to us as a baby. God knew that we are vulnerable and decided to share His Son in our own image. 

"He came to us as a baby, so we would draw near to Him, hold Him close, not be afraid to love Him with our whole hearts. It is so natural to do that with a baby. This Advent I want to make my heart a nursery for baby Jesus. A place where he feels welcomed and wanted." 

(You can guess who I stole these inspiration words up above from.) 

May the rest of your Advent season, though it be not much longer, be a time of peaceful waiting. Not anxious waiting. More like longing. 

Long for baby Jesus in your hearts. Make your hearts a nursery for him. 

God bless each of you.  

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
   Isaiah 9:6


Comments