Teacher for the day

Today I got to be da boss at work. Ha, just kidding. No competition.

My employer the fabulous Erin M. Shears was out for the day because of surgery.

This meaning I have had two to three months of preparing myself for this day when I take over and turn the center into a boot camp. Just kidding again. (Sort of.)

I got the giggles this morning when helping one of my students with a barbie doll. Excuse me, ELSA doll.  

The little girl told me Erin was not here today. I told her to guess who gets to play Erin for the morning. She wondered who. I told her she was looking at her. Little miss turned around to see who would get the privilege. I then surrendered and told her it was me. Her response was,

"Do we get to call you Erin?" 

I laughed out loud and said sure!

She looked at me for a second and then decided she would just call me Gabbie.

Day made.

So even if the kids were not as tame as they are for Erin it was still a really good day.

I am alive. Though I do not know if I will be after tomorrow since Thursday is our Christmas party for the whole class. 30+ rugrats hopped up on the three main food groups: candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

This may or may not be my last blog post. Kidding. (Fingers crossed!)



Comments