Jesus's Birthday

Christmas is here. Sigh of relief.

Embracing this day of Christ's birth with all of my heart.

On instagram I posted a pic. of me all "dolled up for baby Jesus."

Christmas is about Him. Emmanuel.

In just a few minutes we are leaving for Christmas eve mass. I absolutely adore Christmas mass. Something so uniquely amazing differs it from all the other Sundays.

I have so many wonderful and clear memories of Christmas.

One of my favorites when I was little was asking for a birthday cake for baby Jesus. That is all I wanted. I got lots of other presents but was still so sure I was getting a birthday cake for the little babe. Santa came through. A Costco sized cake with "Happy Birthday Jesus" was awaiting me and my family.

Like I have been talking about going back and being a child I again restate my wishes. Wanting that birthday cake for Jesus (even though I'd get a piece of it) was significant because it meant at that young age I knew Christmas wasn't about me it was about Jesus.

Let us all remember to keep the faith of a child as we welcome the Christ child into our hearts, our homes, our lives.

Merry Christmas to all ~

P.s. Maybe some day I will find the picture of the cake and post it. For now I need to finish getting pulled together for church. Or finish getting "dolled up for baby Jesus."

Comments

Post a Comment