A Christmas Story

I can relate to the movie A Christmas Story on many levels. Sadly. 

Of course I grew up on this movie, for good or for bad, and made myself an understudy. 

Let me explain myself.

What kid goes to school in a bunny costume? 


Of course it wasn't this bad but all the same just as weird. Sure it was Easter instead of Christmas but that's strange. Worse, it's boarder line deranged Easter bunny. 
CRINGE.

"Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually four years old, but also a girl." 


Again I ask you "what" child takes a bath and decides to put a bar of soap in her mouth? 


Thankfully it wasn't because I dropped something such as  the word fuuuudge. It was because I thought if Ralphie could do it so could I. Or just dumb curiosity.  

Which brings me to a thought every single one of us has pondered. 



Come now, admit it. 

"There has never been a kid who didn't believe that he would be stricken blind before he reached twenty-one, and then they'd be sorry!"

Touche. 

Oh boy here it comes. The double dog dare. Which then was turned into a triple dog dare. Yes, I triple dog dared myself in the first grade to stick my tongue to a pole at recess. 


Flick and Schwartz were not involved. Just a messed up kid being a moron. 
Fear not, my tongue was not STUCK! 
I don't think it was even Winter. Probably early Fall, or late Spring. In Southern Idaho. 
Moving on...


"Mommy's little piggy." Sigh. 
Am I really admitting to this? 

First I'd complain jokingly with 
"Meat loaf, smeat loaf, I hate double beatloaf."  Then I'd oink and well enough said. For the record this was a long time ago. Truly.

Speaking of Randy though, Ralph's kid brother...

 

When playing in the snow, looking like a "tick about to pop" I'd yell, "I can't put my arms down! Followed by laying in the snow grunting, "I can't get up!" 

It's truly amazing how a movie impacts your life. For good or for weird. 

Life is fra-gee-lay.  



Just don't "use up all the glue on purpose." 

Enjoy your Christmas and make your own story! 





Comments