Son of God

Last night my family and I went to the movie The Son of God. 
It started off with me trying to compare it to Jesus of Nazareth. The two movies are night and day, yet share the same story and message.I don't know what I was thinking trying to compare and contrast with Robert Powell... It just can not be done. Unless you're Jim Caviezel. Or the real Jesus, Himself. Then you do the math.

 I thought the beginning was a little weak.

Jesus' hair a little too bouncy. Pretty sure the Jewish people of that time did not own any Aussie shampoo.
Everyone's teeth were eye blinding white. And that's without tooth paste, let alone tooth brushes.

Once I got past the Hollywood side of things and use to not  listening to British accents I began to enjoy the movie rather than sit and criticize.

However Diogo Morgado who played Jesus grew on me throughout the film.

Hats off to Roma Downey, the producer as well as the one who played the part of Mary Our Mother.

I can't begin to explain the life He had left to live.

I had tears streaming down my face as I watched our Savior being crushed for our sins.
Though, this was not as intense as The Passion, it was still equally real.

My cross is small and weightless in comparison to what my Lord, my God has given for me.

I am undeserving and unworthy of Your love. Yet, You never stop.

You forgive me time and time again, though I know better and still choose wrong over right. My Father in heaven, your daughter is a slave to sin. Free me from these chains of bondage. Set your little one free.

Through your stripes I am healed. Lord, help me carry my cross. Teach me to be like Simon of Cyrene and reach out to others struggling with the burdens upon their back.

Jesus, You have not abandoned me. You have shown me the truth, the way & the life.

Comments