Fear less, Want more

Today's homily started out with this movie quote, "Lions, tigers and bears, oh my!"

From the movie Wizard of Oz, Dorothy, Tin man and Scarecrow are so worried about meeting a wild animal. Yet it isn't a lion, tiger or bear that they should be worried about, is it?

No. It's the flying monkeys! :)

Who'd of guessed or thought?

Fr. Paul had a great point. He went on to share that we spend too much of our lives worrying over things we can not control.

Which is 100% true!

Last night as I laid restless in bed I thought to myself, "what has me so fidgety?"

Before I could even give myself enough time to ponder it was written on my heart.

I want more. 

Jesus, please give me extra. I am thirsting for You!

Not sure what that more is but I want it. I yearn for it and will not be settled until my prayer is answered,

Fill me with your Holy Spirit to accept and take on everything and anything in my path according to Your will, sweet Jesus!

I want to no longer be chained down by fear and anxiety. I want to live my life fearing only God. For He is all I care to please.

  "Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."
Peter 5:7 

Comments