Help me to see who I truly am

Lord, too often when I look in the mirror, I don't like the reflection I see. Deep in my heart, I see someone who is hardly good enough to do anything great for You. I try to remind myself how special I am in Your eyes and that Your strength is made perfect in my weakness.
But, still, my eyes are often blinded by my own insecurities and imperfections. I am haunted by  hurtful things people have said to me. I don't want to buy the lies that run through my head saying that I am worthless, so Im crying out to You now with all my heart. You know the reasons why I don't like myself. I don't want the thoughts to keep me from walking in Your confidence. I ask You, Lord, to give me a new and clearer reflection of who I truly am. I want to let Your loving face be my mirror.

In Jesus' name I pray,
Love,
Your princess, whose image needs Your divine touch


-Sheri Rose Shepherd

            My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 

Comments