One more day

I'm about to break into song from a most amazing movie Les Mis, "one day more..."

A loved one of mine, a very wise aunt of mine, mentioned that this weekend is Day light savings time. So thank you Jesus for taking one blasted hour out of our 40+ days! That is the only positive thing I have to say about that. Should I be saying Jesus and blast in the same sentence? Probably not. Will Jesus understand my pain? Course! He was in the garden, in agony, for crying out loud!

I think we spend more time suffering before Lent then we do in the actual church season. We worry, we fret, we despise, we grind our teeth, we drag our feet, we blog our feelings for  the whole world to read...

It's nothing but gaining weight from eating crap or loosing weight from worrying about not being able to eat. It's all about food. It's all about weight. It's all a bunch of crap. Right, Rich Breshears? ;) Just kidding, sort of...

We really need to work on our Lenten "ups of giving."

Especially me, since I've been to the grocery store twice now. Both times using the excuse it's Fat Tuesday, and the other excuse being, it's the day before Fat Tuesday. I was even labeled with having a sweet tooth. Pushhhh no. Well maybe, just ten candies worth. Three of the those ten candies being fun size in a bag of 20, and times those bags by four.

Gina Ihlina, I think my temptation is candy.

Asking for your Lent and mine to be one to remember. May it be blessed and filled with good intentions.

Seeking love in my heart and a persevering attitude as I take this chance to grow closer to God one day at a time.

One more day...

One. day. more!  


Comments