"Our lives change when our habits change."

"Our lives change when our habits change." 

Think about it. Matthew Kelly has a point...

If you're like me and your hobbies consist of eating McDonalds, taking naps, and blogging about Shaun White, than chances are your life isn't going to change.

So what do you do? Do you stop eating McDonalds, taking naps and blogging about imaginary characters? Yes and no. Here is some advice...
  • Cut back on eating McDonalds (we're talking about you. Not me.) 
  • Go to bed at an earlier bed time so not as tired throughout the next day
  • Again. Do not. I repeat, DO NOT. Go to McDonalds at night. inside. 
Okay so no one else has these habits but me. Let me take a new approach. 
  "Our lives change when our habits change...Our lives change when our habits change...Our lives change when our habits change." (I'm repeating the phrase over and over in a crappy imitation of an Australian accent to trigger some sort of inspiration.)

Shazam! I have my inspiration.

How do we expect change in our lives when we are doing nothing to make it happen? There is this mind set that happiness is just going to fall out of the sky without you and me working for that happiness. Well if you want to wait around for your life change~to just fall out of the sky, be my guest. Best of luck to you! However I am going to work towards reality. *Cough.


I don't deny for a moment that Matthew Kelly is cruel. What kind of a person sets a bar so high and expects little 5 foot nothing girls to jump for their goal. Just kidding people, I love Matthew Kelly. Would I be talking about him in my blog if I despised him? Probably. You get the picture though.

Now it's your turn to not deny it. Right now you're saying in your mind, "My life doesn't need change." Well you just admitted your perfect and it's my job to remind you you're not. No ouch about it. We're human, time to shape up.

How do you want your life to change? Maybe you want to focus on getting fit? (Whatever that is about.)
Or maybe you need an attitude adjustment? There is therapy for that! All you have to do is look at your lifestyle and tweak what you've been avoiding. The natural thing to do is perfect the progress one has already made in life when one should be weeding out the crud that has been subconsciously avoided.

We convince ourselves that our faults and addictions are not real. We ignore them and carry on with the good we think we are doing. I'm not hurting anyone but myself. I am living a pointless lie and it's time to stop.

"Our lives change when our habits change."

This has not been a "We must be the change" post. 





Comments

  1. You listened to it too!!! He does repeat that the entire cd though...I can't blame you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been watching his dvds and doing his workbook. Groupie much? haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment