Good Friday

Today is Good Friday. I would like to know why it is called, "Good Friday" when our Lord was crucified over 2000 years ago? My brother Max would tell you, "It is a day of celebration! Jesus died because He wanted to! We shouldn't be sad we should be joyful!" There is so much wisdom in that five year old! 
Tonight I plan to watch The Passion of the Christ for the first time. I am asking God to open my eyes to see the things in the film God wants me to see. The realization of the Passion I feel is going to be life changing.   
On the way home from stations and praying at Planned Parenthood I heard on KLOVE radio something very powerful. I'd like to share the video with you:




Did you hear what he said? He said Sunday is coming! Though Friday gives off the sign of defeat, it is our window into Christ's victory! 
Good Friday seems to be the longest day of the year, at least for me and one of my sisters, I won't say who. ;) The pain of just thinking I am limited to only three meals! How ridiculous that sounds! I wouldn't stand a chance in a country such as Africa. Driving in town I am ashamed to admit that I have to duck my head or shield my eyes when approaching corners with restaurants calling my name. The sacrifice I am making! Wow, that sounds pathetic. 
When I am having trouble trying to avoid temptation my conscience reminds me that I have the will power to offer up what I want. It is mind boggling to me that by doing this I am giving the Lord full control. I'd like to say I am taking away some of the pain He endured for you and I but that would be untrue. Instead the offering I give to the Lord is simply a gift of love for Him. 
Thank you, Jesus, for dying on that cross for me. No matter how many times I wish I could have gone back in time and saved you, it was You who saved me. Teach me to be obedient as you are. Obedient to the point of death. 
Tremble not for the pain we caused Him that Friday so many years ago yet, rejoice! 
SUNDAY IS COMING!      




Comments