Je$uS ShOCk

Anyone ever heard of Jesus Shock? Nooooo, it's not what happens in purgatory or the moment of an unexpected death! And it has NOTHING to do with an electric chair just FYI!

It's the book I am reading as of right now. I was told I had to read it. Not going to name names but it's actually a pretty good book. Thanks Jordan!

I was up late last night constantly having to reach for the floor (that sounds weird.) to grab a notebook to make sure I could find back all the inspirational quotes I had found. I finally decided to just make it easier on myself and grabbed my ipod (mid charge) and typed everything into the device so I could get really angry if technology decided to delete my "hard work." Brilliant, right?

Thankfully I wasn't the butt of the jokes and had no problems at that time. Though if you did catch my blog post earlier today titled "Quotes" that was a total accident! I don't understand IPADS and so clicking wrong buttons got me into a situation where I was flapping my arms calling upon Maddie to fix it! I guess their was no harm in keeping that post (it's not like I was punching at the keys on the keyboard thinking angry thoughts of anyone in particular) I guess it was just a moment of weakness?

Now the words you are about to read are going to sound a little squirrley. However last night I had to copy it because it meshed with a certain part of me. Or I was just really seriously drowsy, you can be the judge.

We are caterpillars (Adams) in process of transformation into butterflies (Christs)~
~
I just had a genius moment! (I don't know why I hadn't put two and two together.)  

Who remembers the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Ask my mom and she will tell you that I picked that book out every time we went to the Filer Library. I think the reason why I loved the book was the pictures of the different kinds of food. (Shocking.)

Thinking back to the good ol' days I am remembering the story and realizing that the very hungry caterpillar was still hungry even after being blown up like a toad (don't ask.) 

I think humans are like the caterpillar. (You're probably thinking I am off my rocker.) Hear me out though... 

The insect is taking in as much food as he can and doesn't feel satisfied until it is his time to wrap up into his cocoon and make that transformation into that beautiful butterfly. I see myself looking for something (or someone) to satisfy me. Constantly on the prowl for what is going to quench that thirst. I won't be satisfied until God wills it/gives me the "okay." When He calls my name that is when my true colors shine. 

We are caterpillars (Adams) in process of transformation into butterflies (Christs)~

We are sinners therefore called Adam. Christ, however, is healer! He wants to wipe out that sin. In order to get from point A to point B we have to understand that our primary goal in life should be to be like Christ. We the caterpillars, who have been crawling on our bellies deep down desire to spread out wings and fly! 

I could tell you their are many different kinds of butterflies in the world. We're all unique and special! I'm not going to tell you that though. I will share a butterfly story though.... 

Once upon a Rehder trip to Seattle...we went to the science something and visited the butterfly museum! Now boys and girls before we go into this trapped door room I am going to explain to you in a very quiet voice that you must watch your step when entering the butterfly sauna. These butterflies are rare and like to flutter all about the room. 

Yeah that's the kind of job I want. Telling families their is no turning back now you are now entering Butterfly Land. 

Well anyhow story goes on that the Rehder children are gazing about fascinated with siiiiiance and bright bright colors! Everybody wants a butterfly for a pet! We were recording God's little creatures and happened to zoom in on a gorgeous butterfly perched down on the floor. When all of a sudden LOOK OUT a giant foot had just landed on that butterfly! Children were yelling "That man just killed a butterfly!" 

Who's foot was that you may be asking??? Wild guess....

A bald headed man with a concerned look on his face had just left the exit. 

The awesome part about that story is that we have it on tape. :)) 

Anyhow I don't remember what I was even talking about...  

Watch the transformation. Understand it. Embrace it. Live it. Spread those wings and flap. 

  




Comments

  1. This was just great, great writing. You have a real gift. Keep writing! (By the way, too bad for the bald guy's lack of ecological sensibility!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad is right, Fr. Bruce! Some people... Just kidding! Thank you for your encouraging comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment