Fall out...

Last night I was at an "event" doing some intense partying! Things you do when you're a senior in high school on a Friday night... (It was a birthday party for crying out loud! Y'all should be ashamed for thinking of things like clubbing...) Gasp.

At the event I managed to draw attention to myself though I'd rather it have been in a different way...Talk about being embarrassed!

When retelling the story to my beloved mother she suggested to me that I blog about the traumatizing situation. (Pretty sure she was holding back laughing.) So I am taking my madras's advice and blogging about  the terrible awful. Here goes.

Buckle up.

Not even half way into the party all eyes were on me and NOT in a good way!
Y'all ever heard of contra dancing? Yeah, we don't get along.

There I was trying to step, step, bow, jump, twirl, dosey do, and dance... For those of you who know the Virginia reel would have thought I was doing the Virginia FAKE!

It was my partner's and my turn and we had to run to get to the other side or the room for the rest of the dance. That's when my life flashed before my eyes. Actually that's when I knew I bought too big of cow girl boots and tripped and as I was falling knew this wasn't going to be pretty.

Thank goodness for spandex shorts!

I slapped the floor with my body. The music stopped playing. Picture watching a movie where the music stops in a really dramatic fashion the sound you hear is like this: ZZZZZZPP!!! Yup. Great.

I rolled over onto my back to see lots of faces looking down at me. I was told I looked like a "damsel in distress" but I am fairly sure I looked like a deer in the headlights. Though I liked the whole "damsel in distress" compliment... :)  

I felt like I couldn't lift my neck from the floor and my arms felt like they weighed 105 lbs. each. (I have a serious problem.) I was helped to my feet.and comforted by my sister Jordan. Had she not been there with me I think I would have burst into tears. I told them to get the music going again and sat out to take in what had just happened. My dear friends were so sweet to help make sure I wasn't hurt. No one laughed, thank the good Lord! Since it did happen I am glad it happened with that crowd because it could've been a lot worse.

One by one friends came to check on me. I felt so loved and that didn't help with holding back crying. At first I wanted to leave. I knew I couldn't without making a bigger scene, acting like a sissy, or leaving really amazing people. With the help of encouraging friends I got back into the swing of things. (Not literally, no more swinging for me.)

How many girls do you know who can manage to fall and scab up her knee twice in two weeks? Typical Gabbie...

I thought about again posting a picture of my knee but it looks exactly like the other wounded knee. Not enough damage done for the camera to even pick up on. All you'd see is a No Shave November hairy knee. (What's a couple extra months of going all nat-u-ral?) Kidding..kind of.....

It crossed my mind that I can go western swing dancing and be flipped and swung left and right managing NOT to get a scratch yet put me in a line of dancers and you might as well have elected Obama president. (oh wait..) Just kidding, not really. cough.cough.*

So thankful for friends who care about me and not about the stupid things I do.

Stay tuned for the next time I biff it big!

Comments

  1. The music thing is so true! And, sadly, I know a certain girl, uh hum, who consistently gets herself into scrapes. I hit my head twice at work today and ended up sitting on my bootay in front of my boss. I saw your scrape and it was intense. Buy a new camera, girl. What's a camera worth if it can't show off our battle wounds? :) lol You are the life of the partay girlfriend! You added extra pizazz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I love you! You make everything better! :) I really want to get together with you again... Did I already tell you I love you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabbie- I just have to tell you that you were definitely a damsel, not a deer :-) Of all the people who fell at my party (which YES there were several who ended up on the floor, especially during musical chairs) YOU were the most graceful, eloquent, and awesome one of them all. Besides, who can remember your fall when your beautiful face makes them forget about everything else? :)
    You are a great friend. Proud to call you a bestie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! See I just LOVE you two dearies!! :) I guess we were all falling for you Dan... haha Thanks and glad I have a best friend in you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment