Holy Thursday

Today is Holy Thursday. There are only three more days until Easter! It seems like just yesterday I blogged about the first day of Lent. Time flies!
Tonight at mass I was honored to have my feet washed. It was such a privilege! When I was first asked I right away said 'yes' because I loved the person who asked me;) As the day came closer I began to get slightly nervous and stubborn. I felt bad thinking that Fr. Auve would have to wash my feet. (and not just because I have dirty feet!)
When these thoughts entered my mind it was like a bolt of lightning with how quickly I realized what tonight's gospel reading was. In the gospel, St. Peter told Jesus that, "you will never wash my feet!" Jesus says in reply to Peter, "you will not have inheritance." So obviously that changed my perspective!
I released what I wanted and instead humbled my heart. It all turned out good in the end! Leaving me with a renewed feeling ~ Christ died for me, so that my sins will be forgiven! He washed away all my sins I have committed and will commit by dying on the cross. Jesus knew who was to betray him yet chose to love Judas non the less.
I am Judas. I betray Him every time I sin. Though it bears me great pain to think I was worth dying for I thank Him for counting me worthy.
In the little bit we have left before the Resurrection of our Lord, I ask for grace to use this time to prepare my heart for the upcoming beautiful day, Easter Sunday! I know I will not be spotless in a human's point of view but in God's eyes He sees me as perfect. How I long for my God! 


 http://youtu.be/j9ICt1FFTwo



 

Comments