1990s + some stuffing

The 90s. Now those were the days! Of course I wasn't born till half way through the decade but still wouldn't trade em' for anything. I've already told you about my younger years where I'd sit in my high chair watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers but what I didn't tell you was that my favorite part even till this day is the commercials I grew up on. You're asking yourselves right now how I watched that movie with commercials, aren't you? It's called mom and dad recorded everything in their early marriage. That tape is sacred to me. I am already experiencing some hard times because this video has been so used and abused that it's starting to get a little fuzzier than it already was from back in it's golden days. Stay with me! Stay with me!
                                   
                                          ~Adam, Benjamin, Caleb, Daniel, Efram, Frankincense and Giddian~

Imagine this.

Cute little blonde girl in her 90s garb sitting in a high chair faking to be sick so she could skip school to watch her Seven Brothers on t.v. (Yeah that was this morning...) Sarcasm is going to be strong today.

This is my FAVORITE commercial of all time! Watch to find out why...
http://youtu.be/OkHUXR26w80

Yes, this was the beginning of my McDonalds obsession...I mean addiction. Guys take NOTE! Buy your lady a happy meal :) Just thinking that I had found that commercial on youtube brings tears to my eyes! Eeep.
No one could ever take er' place!

I could go rambling on and on and on about my Mcmemories. But I frankly think you DON'T care. So I am going to save myself some disrespect.

Mmmmmm I love Mcdonalds.

Now to talk about something else................

Random Fact. Ever heard of Laughing Jesus? Bet you're laughing now BUT in a moment you won't be.

Once upon a time my older sister (guess her name) asked me, "Gabbie, have you heard of Laughing Jesus before?"
My response: "Whatever are you talking about dear sissssster?"
"Laughing Jesus. The 70s created image." (she didn't say that in so many words)
Story goes on to be that I shook off the story of Laughing Jesus and thought I'd never think of it again.
Well literally like two days later we go to the Cathedral of Joy because we were feeling it.
 (COME ON PEOPLE! IT WAS A GIRL'S BASKETBALL GAME! THE ONLY THING I WAS FEELING WAS DEFEAT. Rough game.)

Anywho...after I had forgotten about the Jesus I did not know I walked in the CoJ's door and Jordan says to me, "Gabbie look! Laughing Jesus!"

Sure enough this is what I saw mounted high on the wall. It was about a 100 x 1000 canvas of a Jesus like I said I did not know.


I was hoping for an image more like something like this : (scroll down)



But instead I got what I got and was a little surprised. Emphasize on the little.

Now that I went from Seven Brides, McDonalds to LoL Jesus...I am realizing that I could get comments such as "Laughing Jesus" is my favorite Jesus of all time. Guess it's a matter of personal opinion. ha ha

This has been a random blog. Thanks for viewing! 

Comments