Home is where the heart is

We've all been preparing for it. We all knew this day would come. Then why is it so shocking? Word got out like a grasshopper cupped in your hands. It spread like wild fire. I apologize if you've heard from someone else. Yes, we're officially moving.

We received an offer a couple weeks ago on our home. Mixed emotions about this whole situation still flood my body. Isn't this what I've been longing for my whole life? To live near my family and friends in a small town? Then why is my heart torn in two? It's because where ever anyone goes we tend to attach ourselves to people.

Moving from Idaho was extremely hard. Everyone and everything there was all I knew. It didn't help at all being a middle schooled emotional girl either. I was frightened. Yet God took my fears and He turned them into dancing. If I had stayed in Twin Falls, I wouldn't have met the people so dear to my heart in the Tri-cities and wouldn't have grown into the person God is calling me to be.

 The Lord blessed me here in Washington with a family of friends. A family I am going to deeply miss. Just like when we left Twin Falls it was hard to leave the ones we love so much behind. He gave me more people that love me than most people would ever know in a lifetime.  

Our parish here is what I believe I will miss the most about the Tri-cities. All the memories and all the selfless beautiful people! I will never be able to forget the support of Holy Spirit's community when supporting me to get to Lourdes. I may not have ever belonged to too many parishes but this one by far means the most to my heart.

I have to remind myself wherever I go God will not abandon me. He will open a new door, reveal an open window and bring more joy into my life.

I will miss and continue to love all of you here in Washington. Just as I have missed and continued to love my beautiful friends in Twin.

Those of you in Northern Idaho I do long for you! I can already picture Idaho's beauty reflecting in the mountains, fields and smiling faces! Dreams really do come true! Once packed and moved on over "live in Cottonwood" will be crossed off my bucket list. ;)

I want to thank all of you for your friendship. For supporting me where ever I am. Loving me for me. I ask  that you all keep reading my blogs and staying in touch! You think you can get rid of me but I say think again!

I've lived in more than one place, I've met more than 100 amazing people, and all are knitted in my heart. Home. Home is where the heart is.

Love you all.




Comments

  1. Beautiful writing, Gabbie. I know what you mean about moving, leaving things and people behind... To follow God's'path. So, are you already in Cottonwood? Hi to everyone! Fr Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Fr. Bruce. We're not in Cottonwood yet. We officially move the beginning of May:) Hello back to you from all the Rehders!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment