THIS is where the healing begins

"I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart." Psalm 9:2

Note how often the whole heart is referenced in Scripture. This implies that nothing is held back, that no part is hidden or kept to oneself. Are there parts of me I am trying to hide and control? Are there aspects of my life for which I resist God's healing touch?

From 2013 A Book of Grace-Filled Days, by Elizabeth M. Briel    

This really jumped out to me as I read my daily reflection. Are there aspects of my life for which I resist God's healing touch?

Whether it be for ourselves or for others, we are constantly praying for healing. However how are we praying for that healing? Are we asking God to just heal certain parts of our lives? Are we asking Him to heal only a handful of people?

A few weeks ago our parish priest commented on bringing Jesus into one's home. By doing this one can not and should not close doors that would tell our Creator to keep out. When one invites God into their home (their life) they are inviting Him to see all of them. Who they truly are. Not just the good in them. He wants to see more than just the tidy entry way. Open those closed doors to the messy bedrooms and the laundry room that is piled high with dirty clothes.

He can only heal what we hand over to Him. So if you have thick chains on every door in your house, how can you expect healing?

The places you are ashamed of, let our Father come there. The parts of your heart that are wounded and black, allow Him to touch. Those scars and battle wounds can be healed. The anger you've held can be released. The pride that hangs around your neck shall be removed. You shall wear the coat of Christ. In Him, you will be healed. All of you. Not just parts of you.

Give Him your word and let Him transform your life. It's time for healing. No more pain.    



I hope you watched both these videos. The second one, This is Where the Healing Begins, was actually a moment of healing for me. From the time my family and I first heard the song it was sort of pinned as my theme song, I guess you could say. Well I liked the song the first couple times and then once I put myself in this song of having to be "healed" I wanted to switch tracks every time I heard the song. Or I'd want to leave the room when a family member started singing along. Well today, I listened to this for the first time in a long time the whole thing through. I do need healing. But it all comes down to I'm not the only one. People, this is where the healing begins.

Comments