Dad's weekend

I am thankful for the time I spent with my dad yesterday in Moscow. It happened to be Dad's weekend at the U of I. However I figure you don't have to go to college to have some daddy daughter time. :)

Dad and I got in the pickup and drove to the scow. When arriving at the Kibbie dome we got in line to buy tickets. Standing there for not even two minutes a woman approaches our line. She asked if anyone needed tickets. A man behind us needed one. Dad said we would need two. She turns to us and gives us the two tickets. Dad tried to give her money but she gave them to us at no cost. SCORE! 

We met up with friends and even got to see some family. Vandals totally bombed 14 to 30, but the experience was a blast. Laughed and cheered..I-D-A-H-O!

We left feeling totally great about our day. Figured the whole trip only cost about 30 bucks. Loved having the quality time. 

Dad and I came home but we got back in the car with the rest of the fam to go pray at the cemeteries for All Soul's day. It was a very powerful way to end the day by praying for all the poor souls in purgatory at the cemeteries at NIGHT.

Thanking God for the blessings of the tickets, the time with my dad and friends, and the opportunity to pray for the faithful departed. 



   

Comments