God is REAL

"I wold rather live my life as if there is a God & die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't & die to find out there is." - Albert Camus

You may have to read that several times to know what you just said. At least I had to.

I am so grateful that I believe strongly and whole heartily in God. I can't imagine not believing in the one who made me and everything else.

I want to live my life believing there is a God. I don't see any purpose in not believing.

How do I know there is a God? Other than everything I've ever been taught, everything my Catholic faith teaches, I know in my heart that He truly exists.

Then I go and read a book like this one I am about to tell you about and it confirms my belief completely. God is always finding ways that will continue to give me the stamp of approval in my faith in Him.  .

I am reading a book called, "Made for More" by Curtis Martin. I am not even a full chapter into the book and yet I am inspired by the quotes (Albert Camus) and DUH moments this author has me thinking about.

In this book it is made clear, no second thought about it, that God does exist.

Jesus lived 2000 years ago. Think about it. 2000 years ago.

Jesus was a "no body." He never did anything considered "historic." He didn't invent anything, find any new places, run for office or lead any battles.

Hear me out.

Jesus kept to himself. He asked his disciples to remain quiet when he performed a miracle. He wasn't the center of attention. He was simply the carpenter's son and was in and out of cities.

Jesus was perceived as a failure. He suffered a death of a thief. He was even buried in someone else's tomb.

How then is Jesus the most influential person in history?

Seriously, people! Christians believe in Him. Other religions acknowledge Him being a holy man. And even atheists believe He exists and choose NOT to believe in Him.

God is real! What other proof is necessary? JESUS IS GOD.

Still don't believe God is real?!

Well surprise to YOU when you meet Him face to face.

However just to see both sides of things, I will look at a non Christian's point of view from this book's angle.

Explaining Jesus from their eyes.

A Moral Teacher Like No Other
(Even those who do not believe in Jesus find his teachings compelling)

Jesus Forgives Sins
The healing of the paralytic. The real healing isn't the physical healing but the forgiving of the man's sins. Only GOD can do that.

Jesus claims preexistence
Jesus claims to be "I AM." A name only God can have. A name the Jewish people do not even use or write because it is so sacred.

Only way to the Father
Jn 14:6 "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but by me."

Jesus Allows Himself To be Worshiped
Thomas would not believe in Jesus' resurrection until he felt the marks in the Lord's hands. When Thomas did do so he said, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus accepted this worship to once again be that one God of Israel.

Either God or a Bad Man
He is MORE than a good man.

Well now that I've preached like I was preaching to non believers I should laugh at myself because pretty sure all my viewers are A. Catholic or 4. filled with the Holy Spirit.

Thankful and grateful for all God is! Simply in awe.



Comments