Somewhere over the rainbow...

So Halloween is basically the worst day of the year. I was reminded how much I dislike and want to skip over that particular "holiday." However things did get better. ;)

Last night I went to a costume party with some dear, genuine, beautiful women! The theme of the party was  to come dressed as one's favorite movie, t.v. or book character. With that one brings a food resembling their choice of costume.

The character my heart longed to be was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.


One of my kindred spirit's sewed me my costume. Look at the wondrous work she did! Not to mention my hair stylist, yours truly, Madison Marie-uh. Compliments to the professionals!


I am proud of myself for thinking of bringing skittles as my snack to share. If you're somewhere over the rainbow, you might as well taste the rainbow right?!?

There were some very clever costumes! Everything from bows and arrows to Raggedy Ann!

Katniss Everdeen appeared with Peeta bread. Lembas bread was brought by the beautiful elf maiden. (Those who read The Hunger Games and The Hobbit will get the cleverness of both those food items!) I can not get over the creativity that was put into last night's event.

It was an enjoyable evening spent with family and friends. Lots of tasty treats and many a laugh! This party definitely canceled out the day before. ;)  Looking forward to next years costume event!

Comments

Post a Comment