Weaker is better

If only one thing stuck with me from this weekend at Steubenville Northwest in Spokane, Washington it was this story I am about to tell you. 

A guy asks his closest friends for prayer. He is going through difficult times and needs strength. He asks his friend Paul to please pray that God will strengthen him. Paul's response is to say he will pray for his friend but he won't pray for God to give him strength. 

At this point in the story I am thinking OUCH. 

The speaker explained that his friend Paul said he would not pray for strength. He said, "If I pray for strength for you then you will not need God. Therefor I will pray for you to be weak so you will depend on God." 

This has been my prayer. I want this to continue to be my prayer. I want to be weak. I don't want to do anything without my God, my Savior. 

I know He has heard my prayer and answered me because I feel very weak. Yet I smile at my weakness because it is a sign of God hearing me cry out to  Him. He has heard me and blessed me with this powerful gift. 

Embrace your weakness! For in the end we will be strong!  

Comments