Obediently willing.

Last night I had the opportunity of traveling to Yakima, Washington for a very dear friend's deacon ordination.

Lalo was a visiting seminarian at our parish Holy Spirit, in the Tri-cities a couple summers ago. It was a joy to have him with us! Our youth held a bible study called, Lay Low with Lalo. We read passages and then shared our reflections. One word. Obedience.  This is when my friendship with Lalo began.

I may not know much about him, but what I do know is that he is going to make an amazing priest. He's already blown us all away as a seminarian and though he has only been a deacon for less than 24 hours, their is no doubt he will succeed at that too!

Lalo brings joy wherever he goes. Always positive, always smiling. Very humble and just from looking at him one knows his number one priority is to serve God.

If you are reading this Lalo, know how much you are loved. Though I am sure you already know that from the crowd that came to support you last night ;) You are a true example of the word Obedience. Your love of our faith and of our Lord is inspiring! I am so happy God placed you in our lives. You've been a blessing to my family and I in many ways. Thank you for that.
May the Holy Spirit continue to guide you on your journey to the priesthood. Prayers for you are always being said. Can't wait for your ordination next year!

To everyone else reading this, please keep Lalo in your prayers.

Thank you Lord for the beautiful ceremony and the gift of Deacon Lalo's life. I pray that through Lalo's example of following you to become a priest inspires other men to this important sacrament. Through Your sweet name, O Lord, Amen.  


Comments