A simple heart

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." -Hans Hofmann

How beautiful are these words? I love the word "simplicity." I love the meaning even more. It can be difficult though to truly detach from our earthly belongings.

Have you ever thought, "If my house was on fire and I could grab one thing what would I grab?"

What would you take? Toys? Money? Your Iphone?

The thing is none of it matters.

The second commandment is: Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 

This includes possessions. Do you worship God or your phone? Is it better to clothe with the latest fashion then it is to be satisfied with the clothes you have? Think about it. Now I am not saying you can't be happy about having a great phone & I am not saying you can't buy cute clothes. What I am putting down is everything you do, do for Him. If the time you are putting into your phone is glorifying our Maker, great. If not, you  don't have a flying chance. Just kidding. People take things way too seriously.

In the end of time when we all die we won't have any of our materials of which we've put so much energy into. Let our energy and focus be around God. Him alone.

 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 

Simplicity starts with ourselves. We can't simply wait for others to make the first move.
So let the necessary speak through your simple life.





Comments