Laugh until it hurts

Why haven't I said anything funny on my blog recently? Sad face. Time to change that.

Yesterday was spent with my cousins Michael, Kayla and Emily at Emily's temporary home.

Mike, Nicole, Kayla and I stopped at Season's restaurant in the heart of Grangeville on our way to Emmy's. Fries were in order and delivered by the boy in the blue v-neck who spilled some on the (probably unsanitary) booth table.

Visualize this: Waiter in the blue tee coming to serve us. Slow motion the fries fall one by one. Again slow motion my mouth drops as I yell, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" "My friends, My friends" is booming in my ears. (lyrics from Les Miserables) Quickly Mike snatches them from where they've fallen and eats them whole. Safe at last.  Sigh of relief.

Leaning on the entrance door arch while thinking he was hot stuff he dared to act as if everything was "okay." He obviously missed the expression on my face when "My friends" had taken a dive.

Moral of the story blue v-neck boy needs to work on his delivery skills.

We plowed out of the joint and made our way to Em's safe and sound. I was amazed by the beautiful home then my eyes spotted something big and something round out doors. A HUMAN GERBIL BALL! Busted into that thing and was flung around for a good five minutes. Bucket list.Check.

The afternoon passed, faded into evening and that's when things got out of control. There we were sitting in the beautiful shade when Gabbie got to talking about her childhood. BAD IDEA.

I was telling Lauren, who also was with us that afternoon, that when I was a toddler I cut my hair and it just happened to be before church directory pictures. Mom had to curl my hair so I wouldn't look like a boy. And that's when we about lost Lauren. Choking and more choking. I felt kind of happy. Not that Lauren was out of oxygen but no one has ever laughed that hard at my jokes/stories.

Lauren was finally able to breathe and that's good because I need to keep her around me in my pocket. She got all my stupid jokes and understood me all day yesterday when nobody else did. Finally someone who gets me! Glad you're a-ok, Chmel!

Seven-ish o'clock rolled around and Jordan and Maddie showed up at the door. We gave them the grand tour and then let the games begin. Literally. We played Quelf and about wet our pants from laughing so hard.
If you haven't heard of Quelf it's this ridiculously funny game where you have to do ridiculously funny things!

Examples:

  1.  Jordan had to say the word chicken and every time she said it we all repeated her. We weren't suppose to but without even realizing it we did. Then after she was done saying it she asked us how many times she said chicken. 
  2. I drew a card and had to use my stomach to talk. I think I was the only idiot who would have done that. It was worth the laughs though! (Just thinking about it I am laughing. You probably find it disturbing.) 
It was quite the day. Never dull & never serious. My kind of day. 


       


Comments

Post a Comment