Laughter is like good medicine

Yesterday I had the privilege of speaking with our dear cousin, Tom Rehder. He and his family had just been through quite the scare. Tom had a cardiac episode. Though I can't say I've been in his shoes I felt like I could relate with it being cardiac.

I wasn't sure what our phone conversation would entail. I dialed the numbers on the phone and was greeted by the sound of a cheerful voice.

Tom told me what had all happened. I was amazed. He was unconscious for about thirty seconds. Tom shared with me that what he experienced was like what we read or hear about being in the light. I have no doubt our Mother Mary was not only holding Tom in his time of need but also his lovely wife Zoey.
Tom's guardian angel never left his side.

I was so grateful to be able to do something for Tom and Zoey in their time of need. When I had my pacemaker put in, Tom and Zoey came and showed their love and support for me as I was going through that difficult time in my life. I am grateful to have this opportunity of giving back in this way. Though it may be small and simple.  

Tom and I spoke about how frightening his situation was. However Tom turned our conversation into something positive. He was the first to bring up how blessed he is.

We compared heart experiences and giggled together. We decided that instead of The Rehder liver can deliver, we would say, The Rehder heart delivers. (Like our edited version?)

 It was refreshing talking with him. Never have I known someone to be as positive, happy, & thankful as, Tom. Especially in such a situation as this. I am truly inspired.

I know in my heart that God put Tom on this earth to share his love of life with others. One by one Tom Rehder is changing the world with his kind heart.

Please join me in praying for this beautiful family. They are forever dear to my heart.

All my love to you, Tom and Zoey, and then some.      



Comments