Honesty

“Honesty, you want honesty?” Remember the Titans 

Some days are harder than others. 

Today is hard.

I am exhausted. 

My body and heart are easily tired. 

Last night I wish I could have stayed and danced at my cousin’s wedding.

I’ve always loved dancing. 

When I was younger I made the dance team but we moved and then discovered I had a mitochondrial disease. 

Now dancing is not as easy as it once was. 

Not having the strength and energy leaves me feeling defeated. 

Last night I had to do the hard thing and leave the party because my body needed to rest.

Sometimes we have to do what it is hard to do what is right. 

I am honestly sharing this with all of you because I know we all have to do hard things in life. 

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” St. Francis of Assisi  

Whatever you’re facing, whatever sets you apart, you are not alone. 









Comments