To Oz?

Week three of living in a hospital. Not my own bed, not my kind of food, not home.
This is the longest I've been away from home too. And all who know me know I am a home body.

Different people have asked me what the first thing I want to do is when I get out of here. My response is simply just go home.

There is no place like home...

Are you sensing I have jitterbugs?

 This whole blog is going to have a spin off of  The Wizard of Oz by the way...

Well let's begin with the tornado that wound me up in Spokane.

The so called yellow brick road was taken by ambulance to munchkin land, I mean emerald city, I mean Children's hospital. Where I (tin man) awaited to receive my new heart. (Obviously the story isn't lining up with the movie but you get the idea.)

But the wizard had another plan. Ventricular bipass pacemaker would do the job rather than transplant.

Of course I'm over here shaking like the cowardly lion...

Surgery, anxiety and riots, oh my!

You know you see stuff on television (riots on the news) and that adds to the mess.

So right now I'm counting down the days until surgery... Trying not to count how many more shots...
Trying to relax my stomach.

Praying for those rioting that their hearts be changed and opened to your love, Lord.

Praying for all those here at Children's.

Praying to be well and to wake up back on the prairie.

We're all walking this brick road that looks more like the road to Calvary rather than yellow brick. We're all not sure which way to turn or how to face our problems. (Thankfully no witches for me!)
(Or flying monkeys.)

We're all on a journey.

And I have the best team of people cheering and praying me on!
(Including fabulous nurses and brilliant doctors!)

Today I got to have a four hour pass out of the hospital! Woohoo! Went to eat at Red Robin, shopped at the Dollar Tree and explored the Ronald McDonald house for the first time.

Now we are back in Oz! (Todo and I ~ Aka Dad.)

Waiting for the next adventure.




Comments

Post a Comment