Kissing the cross

It is finished.

I made it through last night.

Praise God!

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me, all who came and to all who supported me both near and far.

It was truly a blessing to be able to share.

It's an even bigger blessing to have it behind me. ; )

We all have a story. We all have crosses.

We can't carry these crosses on our own though.

We must first be Christ-like but also be Simon of Cyrene to one another.

Jesus will help us. He has walked this earth. He understands. He knows.

We don't have to carry it all on our own.

We have him.

He has us in his hands.

"Oh LORD, have mercy, I must kiss your cross." -St. Margaret of Scotland  

 I want to share with you a story from Sr. Jordan Rose.

A little girl named Grace, who if you met her, she would just melt your heart. She ran up to the bishop and the bishop scooped her up. She looked at the cross he was wearing and she asked him if she could kiss his cross. He chuckled and willingly said 'yes.' She kissed the cross and then asked him if he wanted to kiss her cross. Her teeny tiny cross she wore around her neck.

This story is precious and dear to me. If only I could describe the beauty of Grace would you be able to understand why this is so beautiful.

Yes, we are called to kiss each others' crosses.

What better way to spend this holy week.

 

 

Comments